Prasad Praladh Akkanouru
UPSC Civil Services Examination 2010. Roll No.011570.
All India Rank 141
Date of Birth: 02 - 04 - 1983 (Birth place: Bothi, Dist. Latur, Maharashtra)
Mother tongue: Marathi
Name of Father: Praladh Shantiveer Akkanouru - Farmer
Name of Mother: Annapurna Praladh Akkanouru - Housewife
Address: Latur, Maharashtra.
* National scholarship
* Board topper in 12th class from Nagpur
* Distinction in B.A. History from Pune University
Reading books, Poetry (Writing)
At Civil Services:
* Optional Subjects: History and Public Administration.
* In first attempt, passed written exam and appeared in Interview.
* In second attempt written not qualified.
* In third attempt secured All India Rank 141.
In this year’s IAS merit list Prasad Akkanouru is probably the only aspirant, who passed this
coveted exam despite many difficulties.
- After completing 10th class from Latur, he did ITI Electrician course for secure future. It was
his parents wish.
- His family members wanted him to become a teacher by doing a D.Ed. Course after 12th. But
Prasad wanted to become a officer through civil services exam.
- He left home to fulfill his dream of IAS officer.
- He boarded the train to Nagpur, the city, which was unknown to him.
- After reaching in Nagpur, he went to many unknown people for job. Here he got his first job
of a waiter in a small roadside hotel.
- He took admission in a school in 11th class by selling a gold chain, his only asset.
- After a work of 10 hours, he used to study hard in the night. He did that for two years.
- His strong determination and perseverance paid him off. He secured 12th class merit list.
- Media in Maharashtra took notice of Prasad’s achievement. His photos published in the
newspapers and flashed on news TV channels.
- Because of this media attention, his family members came to know about his location. Till then there was no contact with the family for two years.
- At that time he told media that his dream is to become an IAS officer.
- Pune based NGO took responsibility of providing him facilities in Pune to complete his graduation.
- During the graduation, he started IAS preparation. He completed graduation with distinction.
- After graduation, he was willing to go Delhi for guidance. Financial condition was the big hurdle for him.
- He went to many people for financial help. After continuous efforts of several months, some people extended their helping hand for Prasad. With that help, he came to Delhi.
- In Delhi, he faced many problems due to insufficient money. But he managed all the problems with great determination and focused hardwork.
- In Delhi, he joined ‘Career Quest’. Here he got timely guidance and motivation. According to Prasad, ‘Interview (Personality Test) plays very crucial role in one’s selection in Civil Services exam. I realised this during my third attempt. Guidance provided by Sanjeev Kabeer, Director, Career Quest IAS Academy was instrumental in my success in this exam.’
- Prasad said ‘I was feeling a great pressure because of two unsuccessful attempts. Many people started telling me that one cannot pass this exam without paying bribe! I never give attention towards the rubbish things like this. During this time, self motivation was the key for me. On 11th of May 2011, a good news came to me! I passed this coveted exam with such an unexpected rank! It was a feeling of conquering the world. Now I can say that any one can pass this exam with determination and continuous hardwork. Timely & right guidance is the key to IAS exam. ‘Nothing is impossible’ is my mantra.’
They're a study in inspiration. Children who overcome their straitened contexts through sheer grit and desire.
READ PRASAD'S STORY (written in 2003) IN OUTLOOK MAGAZINE http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?220747
Send your wishes to Prasad Akkanouru at firstname.lastname@example.org
**** Please note: One may reproduce this news article without making any changes in content and style. Do not edit the matter and mention the source with the active link http://www.careerquest.in/