Success mantra by Mona Pruthi, IAS Topper 2006


The importance of civil service will always remain. It is a wrong assumption that everyone is corrupt. Lots of good work is being done in the government also.

'Lady luck smiles only when you work hard. Luck may knock at your door but you have to get up and open the door.'

Only studying hard does not get you to the top. You must also be dedicated and committed to be a good administrator.

Sincere hard work, clever thinking, time management and a balanced approach.

Lots of people from rural areas are making it big in life. You can think of new ways and opportunities.

Start reading NCERT textbooks from class six to twelve. Select two good options that interest you and work on them. Read the The Hindu newspaper everyday.

I prepared while being in an employment. Concentration, clever use of available time and resources are important. Yes it is possible to prepare IAS with your job.

Study method should be - Read, think, write and think again.

HOW TO PREPARE G.S.? - Two good newspapers, current magazines and standard texts.

How to manage time in exams? - Have a time-table. Cover all areas simultaneously.

How many hrs per day are enough for preparation? - Eight hours.

Confidence clinches Civil Services examination.

Patience is part of the testing strategy of UPSC.

This service allows one to change things in 100s of ways.

The best way to change a system is to be situated within it.

"From the very beginning I wanted to be in the Civil Services but topping it never crossed my mind. It was too high an expectation. I wanted to be there because what you can do by being part of the Government, you can't do sitting outside. Now that I have managed it, it is time to work out the dream,"
FOUNDATION COURSE fOR UNDERGRADUATES www.iasfoundation.blogspot.com --------------------------------------------------------



Archana Nair, IAS, made it to the seventh rank in her very first attempt in 2006.
She gave up a lucrative job in the corporate world for a chance to serve the country, the feeling is yet to sink in. The 25-year-old Economics graduate from Delhi University's Shri Ram College of Commerce and postgraduate from the Delhi School of Economics worked with American Express for a year before deciding to quit to prepare for the examination.

"Money is not everything in life. My stint with American Express was very good and paid me well, but I realised it would not give me the opportunity to serve my country. It was a long thought-out process for me. A lot of my friends told me that I was taking a big risk, but sometimes you just have to take the plunge. In a way, my work has given me an understanding of the corporate world which can be of use to me in the Government,"

2 comments:

Rizzi said...

it;s very motivating and inspiring post. I am preparing for ias general studies at http://www.wiziq.com/course/119-ias-general-studies-prelimnary-course and this post helped me a lot in keeping the pace. Hope to clear ias exam this year.

Unknown said...

Hope to clear ias exam this year.

Hi, i am student at Paradigm IAS Academy which is No. 1 in IAS Coaching, UPSC & OTHER STATE PSC, UPSC, MPSC, UPPCS, MPPCS, RAS, BPSC, JPSC, UKPSC , Branches In Pune , Mumbai , Navi Mumbai , Borivali and Dadar Classes Available in Hindi & English Medium

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers